It’s my birthday today! So even though I would normally post a review on Fridays (if I post at all), I decided to switch it up this week and post not only a tag but one that I created! I actually looked for birthday book tags, but the only one I found was good but not really what I was looking for, so I just created my own. Problem solved! And since I love those kinds of tags where you choose some books and then open to random pages and answer the questions with the first character or noun or whatever, I made one of those.
For this tag, you just need to choose five different books. Then, for each question, you open the corresponding book to a random page and follow the instructions for the answer. At the end, tell us how well you think your party turned out!
If you want to do this tag too—whether it’s your birthday or not—please do! I’m easygoing so there are no rules other than please credit me as the original creator and link back to my blog, preferably this post 🙂
1. Steal the Day by Lexi Blake
2. Real Vampires Don’t Sparkle by Amy Fecteau
3. The Faerie Prince by Rachel Morgan
4. Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
5. Chase the Dark by Annette Marie
1. Open Book 1 – The first character name on the page is the one who plans the surprise party.
Dev. Ok, we’re off to a great start! He runs a supernatural night club and is rich, so I feel like he could probably plan a pretty kickass party.
2. Open Book 2 – The first character name on the page is the one who ruins the surprise early (either by accidentally mentioning it or by telling you on purpose because they can’t keep a secret).
Matheus. Hmmm… he doesn’t seem like the type to be mean and spoil the surprise on purpose, so it must’ve been an accident. Either way, I’m just glad to have him at my party since he’s hilarious and we’re practically the same person because of all the random things we have in common.
3. Open Book 3 – Wherever the current scene takes place will be the location of the party (as specific as possible, e.g. a person’s house, a grocery store, the middle of a forest, etc.).
The Creepy Hollow Guild, which means, my party is in the faerie realm! I’ll take it.
4. Open Book 4 – The first character name on the page is the one who bakes the cake.
Laurent. Ha, I can’t see Laurent baking a cake. He’s probably never prepared food in his life, so the cake is probably going to be pretty awful. Unless he just orders someone else to bake it, in which case it could be delicious…
5. Open Book 5 – The first character name on the page is the one who sticks their finger in the icing when no one is looking.
Piper. I don’t know, Piper seems a little too straight-laced and disciplined to do something like that!
6. Open Book 1 – The first character name on the page is the one who buys trick candles (those kinds that never go out).
Daniel. (Actually I got Dev again, but it’s not as much fun using the same character twice.) I suppose Daniel does have a playful side, so yeah, he might do that.
7. Open Book 2 – The first noun on the page that is a tangible object is the first gift you open.
I guess… I guess I’m getting vultures? I didn’t really make any rules, so I don’t know if animals count. If not, my gift is going to be hair. So either way, it’s going to weird lol.
8. Open Book 3 – The first character name on the page is the one who puts on the dorky party hat.
I cheated a bit because the first name was a side character I barely remember and it’s my birthday so I can do what I want 😛 So I got Ryn! And yeah, I can totally see him doing that. Maybe not the Ryn from the beginning of Book 1, but the later Ryn.
9. Open Book 4 – The first noun or adjective (whatever works) on the page is what the party theme will be.
RED. MY PARTY THEME IS RED. I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS.
10. Open Book 5 – The first noun on the page that is a tangible object is what the pinata will be filled with.
Shirts. Actually, that sounds even better than candy to me! Who doesn’t love free t-shirts? Or free clothes in general?
How Did the Party Turn Out?
Fan-freaking-tastic, I would say! My party is being planned by a rich, supernatural nightclub owner. The party is being held in the faerie realm. The cake might be awful if Laurent is the one baking it, but if he orders someone, it’ll be delicious since he can get the best cake-baker in the land. The theme is gonna be red, my favorite color. The pinata is gonna be filled with free shirts. And Matheus, Ryn, and Daniel are all gonna be there too, and they’re some of my favorite characters! I mean, ok, the vulture gift is strange, but whatever. Minor issue. I’m down for this party! And you’re all invited 😉