Monster Hunting… for Love is a cute and fun dating sim in which you speed date a bunch of monsters, ask each one a few questions from a list, then get matched and go on a date where you can then decide if you want to give them a chance or kill them.
Monsters deserve to find love in the world too, right?
Sit down and have a talk with a variety of monsters that are only looking to have a good time. Play your cards right, and maybe you’ll even go home with them. Who knows what will happen after that?
Spend time with 7 different characters. Each one has their own unique quirks and personalities. There are plenty of options to explore with multiple endings to be seen. Look around and find them all!
This is a fairly quick, simple, cute, and fun game! You speed date a bunch of monsters, ask each one a few questions from a list, then get matched and go on a date where you can then decide if you want to give them a chance or kill them. Here are five reasons I enjoyed this:
– I love that there are some unusual and uncommon monsters included (gorgon, invisible person, blob, bigfoot), as well as some typical ones (vampire, werewolf, zombie). I always love me a sexy vampire, what can I say?
– Their answers to the questions are really fun, with some clever playfulness related to their monster lore. This isn’t a game where your choices are super important (other than which monster you want to seduce, based on how you score them), so seeing the answers to the questions is a big part of the fun.
– The monsters have cute designs, and most of them are pretty adorable in personality too. The zombie especially cracked me up.
– There’s cute art for each good ending.
– The whole idea of having the character you play as be a hunter and having the option to date or kill the characters is fun. I actually felt terrible doing the routes where I killed them, but you have to do it if you want to unlock the special ending.
– Bonus 6th reason: This game helped me discover a new interesting tree! I really like weird plants and animals, and I had not heard of the one the vampire mentioned in one of his answers.
It took me about 3.5 hours to see all the questions/answers and endings. Overall, it was a fun little game!
– Includes common and uncommon monsters
– Clever answers based on lore
– Cute art and character designs
– The monsters are mostly sweethearts
– Overall cute and fun!
(May not include everything)
– Though partially accessible for blind / visually impaired players or screen reader users with Ren’Py self-voicing mode (press V to toggle), I would not recommend it if you cannot see the screen. Game text and menus will be read aloud, but the list of questions and the scorecard at the end of each date will not be, and I couldn’t figure out any way to navigate the scorecard with the keyboard.