So I’ve been doing some more Netflix watching. I watched two random gymnastics movies I found. The first was awful, the second was alright. I also watched The Road to El Dorado. It was cute! Also more inappropriate than I thought a kid’s movie would be. I’m also up to Season 2 of Peaky Blinders.
I’m dealing with eye strain at the moment though, so I’ve had to take it easy with TV/computer/phone/tablet use. Which sucks since those are about the only things I have energy for :-/
But anyway, I’m just chugging along as best as I can…
I am so powerfully curious about what happened that caused my 2017 book covers post to suddenly blow up w/ steady visits from Pinterest for a few days. According to Pinterest analytics, my daily pin impressions increased by 11,000% within two days. I’m definitely not complaining! I’m just wondering what happened??? Did my board/pins get shared on a popular site? I’d really like to thank whoever shared my pins and gave me this temporary boost!
I also won this in a giveaway:
Last but not least, author Chauncey Rogers is looking for reviewers for his upcoming book Happily! You don’t even need a blog, those who only review on retail sites are welcome as well. eARCs only. If you’re interested, be sure to contact him 🙂
Books I Received for Review:
2/4/18: Sleight is from Edelweiss.
2/11/18: The Devil’s Revolver is from Brain Mill Press. Isn’t it pretty? And it’s giving me a break from electronics.
Books I Finished:
2/4/18: I read the entire Plume webcomic, and it was a fun fantasy western, even if I did have a few issues. Tale of the Body Thief was very slow to start, but I enjoyed it in the end, although I did have some mixed feelings about things.
2/11/18: Living on a Prayer was an enjoyable short story prequel to a series. Caroline’s Heart was lacking in tension or character development but had great diversity (two trans MCs). I listened to the audiobook of Nimona so that I could rest my eyes, so that was pretty interesting. I’ll do a review eventually.
What I’m Loving:
This week, what I’m loving is…
Didn’t get around to this what with the eye strain.
In Case You Missed It:
– I reviewed Saga Vol. 8 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples, another great volume in this SFF graphic novel series.
– I shared 3 book and song match-ups.
– I reviewed Thorns and Fangs by Gillian St. Kevern, a M/M urban fantasy with a unique supernatural ability.
– I talked about how to use Feedly and why it’s my favorite feed reader.
– I reviewed The Gold-Son by Carrie Anne Noble, a totally unique historical/urban fantasy about leprechauns!
– I talked about imagining scenes from the POV of a non-POV character.
– I reviewed The Prince’s Gambit by C. S. Pacat, a fantastic second book in a M/M high fantasy series.
The Sunday Post Link-Up:
Once again, I’m linking up to The Sunday Post at Caffeinated Book Reviewer 🙂