Well, the world is still crumbling, so let’s temporarily pretend it’s not and talk about some good things!
I played some more games! They’re a good distraction. I mostly played Townscaper. It’s been my go-to lately because it doesn’t require a lot of focus but is still fun and lets me be creative. I’ve been sharing my builds on Twitter, so check there if you want to see them all! I also played The Hepatica Spring, which was a quick but cute visual novel with characters who were sweethearts.
small dorm apartments near the workshop, including a Christmas tree shaped apartment building, fancier apartments near the castle, other neighborhoods with houses, pic.twitter.com/QfxzcqF2lR
— Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight) (@KitTheNameless) July 30, 2022
I watched Season 6 of Peaky Blinders, which is the last season, but apparently there’s going to be a movie, so I guess it’s not over yet. The actors on that show are so incredible though and really bring the intensity and emotion to every single scene. I also watched the latest season of The Circle (season 4?), but I have a hard time focusing on shows and movies lately, and this one just couldn’t keep my attention. I ended up mostly putting it on in the background while I did other things.
I think that’s about it. Seriously though, please stay safe and keep others safe. Covid is still here, now we have monkeypox too. Wear masks in public, don’t go out if there’s even a chance you may be sick with something, wash your hands a lot (and use some good lotion or hand cream every night!), etc.
Books I Received for Review:
A Strange and Stubborn Endurance by Foz Meadows (audiobook), from NetGalley. Stolen Token by Felix J. Leon, from Gay Romance Reviews. I also got The Story of the Hundred Promises by Neil Cochrane from NetGalley, but then I realized there’s going to be an audiobook, so I’ll probably wait for that rather than listen with TTS.
Books I Finished:
If you’re considering buying one of the books below from Amazon, I’d really appreciate if you’d use my affiliate link!
Fairytales from Verania by TJ Klune – I love the Verania books, but not this. Since these were silly fairytale retellings, they weren’t technically about the same characters, and I didn’t find them very funny, and without those two things, it just wasn’t the same. I also found the last story depressing, which is not what I was expecting.
Out of the Blue by Jason June – Cute merfolk story, though not really memorable for me.
Lost and Bound by Eliot Grayson – Another good book in this m/m shifter series.
Crimson Painted Snow by Brea Alepou – This was a dark (content-wise, though I wouldn’t say emotion-wise) Snow White retelling about a character who was an awful person and his seven demon lovers. Not bad, but didn’t leave a big impression either.
Silk Fire by Zabe Ellor – A lot of cool fantasy ideas and complex plotting, plus a polyam romance, but it was a bit hard to keep track of everything.
Stolen Token by Felix J. Leon – A cool idea about divine envoys existing among the people—I love the love interest’s half-peacock form—and a cute, quick romance.
Hooked by A.C. Wise – A sort of haunting, sad story that takes place after Peter Pan. I enjoyed it.
The Loophole by Naz Kutub – Another not super memorable book for me, but a sweet story with characters growth that touches on a lot of currently relevant topics.
A Strange and Stubborn Endurance by Foz Meadows – A lovely m/m high fantasy with political intrigue and romance and healing! I loved this one. Also fantastic audiobook narration.
In Case You Missed It:
– I shared more 2022 queer books I’m excited for.
– I reviewed Blooded by Nat Kennedy, a fantastic and sexy m/m romance with magic and vampires.
– I reviewed Page of Tricks by A.K. Faulkner, a frenetic, whirlwind addition to a great m/m UF series.
– I reviewed Silk Fire by Zabe Ellor, a confusing but unique high fantasy with politics and m/m/f romance.
– I reviewed Hooked by A.C. Wise, a haunting sort of Peter Pan sequel about a grieving, aging Hook.
– I reviewed Stolen Token by Felix J. Leon, a quick, cute romance with a cool non-human character.
– I reviewed Tasmanian Gothic by Mikhaelya Kopievsky, a dark but not entirely bleak post-apoc with cool mutations and characters I felt for.
– I reviewed ScreamCap, an intriguing paranormal visual novel.
– I reviewed The Hepatica Spring, a cute fantasy romance visual novel.
– I reviewed First Bite, a fun, sexy, queer visual novel about vampires.
– I talked about how my blog got its name, color scheme, and more.