Jump to Section:
Book Review Requests
I am currently accepting requests, including indie and self-published books! However, I am only taking books for consideration.* That means, even if I do accept a copy of your book, I do not guarantee I will end up reading it.
*This does not apply to blog tours, author review groups, or any other situation in which a review has been expressly agreed upon.
I do not accept books that use AI art (including the cover) or writing!
Genres I Accept:
– Science Fiction
Within Those Genres, I Accept:
– Young adult and adult (I have no problem with sex scenes, strong language, violence, or dark themes/content)
– Regular novels and graphic novels
– All types of romantic relationships (including LGBT+)
– I do enjoy a romantic element, but it’s not required
Formats I Accept:
– mobi or epub for ebooks (I do not accept PDF for regular ebooks)
– audiobooks (Audible, or let me know if you use something else)
– PDF is fine for graphic novels
– I love series! But you will need to provide any previous books I have not yet read.
How Soon I Post:
– I cannot give a time frame right now.
Where I Post:
– I may or may not post a review on my blog. I’m more likely to post reviews here for books I give 4+ stars to.
– Currently I do monthly updates where I share brief thoughts on all the books I’ve read that month.
– I may also mention your book(s) in other types of posts, like recommendations based around a topic.
If I Dislike the Book:
– If I rate the book less than 3 stars, I may or may not post a review anywhere.
– If I don’t finish the book, I will not post a review.
Sharing Reviews / Contacting Authors:
– I usually don’t contact or tag authors after reading/reviewing the book because I don’t want authors to feel obligated to read my reviews, especially if there are any criticisms.
– If you want me to, let me know.
– Feel free to share links to my review or quote it for promo, as long you’re doing it for positive reasons! (If quoting, you can just credit Metaphors and Moonlight.)
In Your Email, Please Include:
– Description of the book
– Link to the book on Goodreads and/or Amazon
– If the book is part of a series
– What format(s) you’re offering
If you’re interested in having me review your book, email me at metaphorsandmoonlight (at) gmail (dot) com
I can’t respond to every request, but rest assured I check my spam folder just in case, and you should hear from me within a week if I’m interested in receiving a copy!
Note: If I’m not interested in one book but in the future you write a different book, feel free to email me again about the new one, my tastes are very book-specific!
Game Review Requests
I also review visual novels, dating sims, puzzle games, point and click games, management sims, turn-based combat or combat-optional rpgs, and other similar types of fairly low-stress games! I’m flexible about how I receive games (Steam, itch.io, direct download, though keep in mind I can only review on Steam if I get it through there). You can find all my gaming blog posts and reviews here.
If your game has any accessibility features or is made with Ren’Py (which has self-voicing built in), I’d love to know!
If you’d like to offer me a copy for review, email me at the address below:
metaphorsandmoonlight (at) gmail (dot) com
*I do not accept demos for review, only full games.*
If you have other opportunities or offers you think would be a good fit for my blog, email me at metaphorsandmoonlight (at) gmail (dot) com