Happy New Year, everyone!
Does anyone else think it’s kind of awesome that the first day of the new year falls on a Sunday? I still consider Sundays to be the start of the week (even though it seems that Monday is considered the start of the week for some people), so I think it’s cool. But anyway…
I have to admit that my year isn’t off to a very good start. I still have tennis elbow in both arms and have been having to limit my computer time. Ants are still wandering aimlessly around my bedroom because they still have yet to figure out there’s no food or water in there. “Plumbing repairs” have been done on my apartment building three or four times now, despite the fact that nothing was noticeably wrong to begin with, and still sometimes the shower works but other times the water just barely dribbles out. And, to top it all off, the arguing neighbors who lived below me moved out and instead there has now been construction noises from 8-5 almost every day which does not work for me since I’m more like to go to sleep at 8am than to get up at 8am.
Oh! But I actually do have some good news. I got $50 worth of B&N gift cards as well as some Amazon gift cards for Christmas, so at least I’ll have some new books to look forward to in 2017!
Here is my Goodreads 2016 Year in Books if anyone wants to see it 🙂
Also, I’m once again signing up for the Discussion Challenge! It is hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight. I really enjoyed participating last year, and I’ve already got lots of discussions written and ready to go, so I’m looking forward to another discussion-filled year 🙂 I will be going for the Chatty Kathy level (21-30) posts. How many I actually end up posting though is mostly going to depend on my tennis elbow and whatnot.
And since this post needs some more positivity, here’s a little look back at some of the awesome bookish/bloggy things that happened to me in 2016:
– I reached my one year blogoversary.
– I didn’t even remotely keep track of my number of followers on social media but I know I now have more than I started with at the beginning of 2016 so that’s something.
– I started getting books from NetGalley.
– I made my first publishing contacts.
– I won some giveaways for books and gift cards.
– I participated in my first blog tour.
– I have kept basically the same blog design for an entire year (I changed minor things and the homepage layout but not the header or colors or fonts or anything that would confuse people), which, I think, definitely counts as an accomplishment.
– I started doing discussion posts, and you all actually seemed to like them (I was legitimately worried they would be flops lol).
– Last but not least, I met a lot of wonderful bloggers and authors, some of whom I feel have truly become friends!
So what’s in store for 2017 on the blog? I honestly have no clue. We’re all just gonna have to wait and see, myself included 😛
Books I Received for Review:
For the past couple weeks I actually managed to neither receive nor read any review copies—it was rather liberating! But now it’s back to that review copy grind.
Books I Finished:
The first two books were rereads, the third one was new. I feel like I had a few more issues with the first book than I did the first time I read it, but I still enjoyed it and Books 2 and 3 got better. Jehenne (the MC) was rather badass in the third book too. Although with this author it’ll probably be two more years before the next book comes out -_-
Song of the Week:
“Bury It ft. Hayley Williams” by CHVRCHES – I have no idea what this song is about, but the lyrics “bury it and rise above” just seemed fitting for the new year since it seems everyone had a crappy 2016.
In Case You Missed It:
The Sunday Post Link-Up:
Once again, I’m linking up to The Sunday Post at Caffeinated Book Reviewer 🙂