I can’t believe I have to think of yet another intro. I don’t do anything, this is too hard!
Quick reminder, if you’re doing any holiday shopping online, I have affiliate/referral links, and it helps me make a small bit of money or get my own free trials/books/etc. if you use them, at no additional cost to you!
– Amazon US
– Zazzle – A great site for making customized products
– Honey – Free to sign up for and will automatically find sales and deals while you’re doing online shopping
– Swagbucks – Earn points for certain activities and exchange them for gift cards (it’s a good time to sign up since you can get points for online purchases you make!)
– Scribd – Subscription service for borrowing ebooks and audiobooks (you can get a 60 day free trial by using my link!)
– Libro.fm – Audiobook service that supports local businesses
As for what I actually did this month…
I started and finished playing Milky Way Prince – The Vampire Star. It has an interesting and dark theme and visuals and feel. The good ending had a powerful message too.
I played with the Sims 4 Island Living trial and sent my sim and his boyfriend on an amazing, lovely tropical vacation.
I listened to a wonderful podcast! The Two Princes, available on Spotify. It’s about two princes prophesied to fight to the death to save their kingdoms, but they fall in love instead. It was so cute and sweet and queer and good! It’s a fairly quick listen, I finished in a few days. Season 3 is even a musical! I’ve literally just been listening to the soundtrack because it’s so good and fun, and the finale song feels like pure joy in song form. Here are some songs to entice you! (You can find a whole playlist here.)
So it’s December now, holiday time. Honestly, I’m ready for the holidays to be over because they just bring added difficulty and health struggles and sadness to my life. But I don’t want to crush the joy of people who enjoy the holidays, so if you’re one of those people, enjoy all your holiday music and books and movies and decor and have a happy holiday season! (But do so carefully and safely and stay vaccinated and wear a mask and avoid crowds because we are still in a pandemic, with a new variant to boot.) I’m sure I will at least read a few Christmas books and do a couple reviews or tags or something for the season.
Books I Received for Review:
Books I Finished:
If you’re considering buying one of the books below from Amazon, I’d really appreciate if you’d use my affiliate link!
The Witch King by H.E. Edgmon – I actually listened to this one in June but somehow missed it when I was putting that post together, and I feel bad it didn’t get a mention, so I’m putting it here! It was a good book with a trans witch main character, set mostly in a sort of fae realm with lots of fae.
The Disasters by M. K. England – Another one I read previously (September) but missed. It was a cute story about a motley crew of gays in space.
A Marvellous Light by Freya Marske – This was so cute and steamy and great! A lovely start to a historical fantasy m/m series.
Blue-Skinned Gods by S.J. Sindu – Very minor spoiler, I guess, but I was tricked into reading a non-SFF book! Turned out all the seemingly SFF things had realistic explanations. I don’t understand why it was categorized as fantasy where I got it and why over 40 people shelved it as such on Goodreads. But if you like literary fiction and coming of age stories that deal with topics of religion, abuse, and identity, check it out. The audiobook narrator was enjoyable. I got this one through Libro.fm’s ALC program.
The Art of Starving by Sam J. Miller – I enjoyed this, and I thought it did a good job of covering heavy topics without making them bleak, but do be warned that it could be triggering for anyone with eating disorders.
The Tragic Life of Lady Tina DeSilva by TJ Klune – This is just a short story that goes with the Tales from Verania series that I didn’t know about until recently, so I read it. It was fun, like the rest of the series!
Proper Scoundrels by Allie Therin – A spin-off from the Magic in Manhattan series with a lovely, sweet romance.
A Veiled & Hallowed Eve by Hailey Turner – An action-packed and satisfying finale to a great m/m urban fantasy series.
It Ends With Us by Tess Barnett – Another finale for a m/m urban fantasy series I enjoyed.
In Case You Missed It:
– I reviewed The King of Infinite Space by Lyndsay Faye, a heartbreakingly romantic queer Hamlet retelling.
– I reviewed Red Embrace: Hollywood, a visual novel that was a thought-provoking exploration of the darker sides of vampirism.
– I reviewed A Marvellous Light by Freya Marske, a fun, sweet, sexy historical + magic m/m romance.
– I recommended 10 Christmas-Themed Sci-Fi/Fantasy Books (there are also two previous posts you can check out)!
– I reviewed The Dichotomy of Angels by N.R. Walker, a fun, funny, cute m/m romance about angels.
– I shared 10 more opening lines of books.
– I reviewed The Fascinators by Andrew Eliopulos, a cute queer YA about teens with magic but also normal teen struggles.