Another month, another monthly post in which I have to figure out what to talk about.
I played some of the games I bought in the Steam sale last month! The Starfighter: Eclipse game, the one I’d wanted for a long time, was unfortunately a disappointment. Monster Hunting… for Love was fun though. I also played a bunch of very quick, free games by npckc on itch.io. They were cute, and my favorite was A Pet Shop After Dark.
I also started a new Sims 3 game after making this discovery:
I just found out there's a married m/f couple in The Sims 3 Roaring Heights world in which both sims are in a secret gay romance with other people.
— Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight) (@whykristenburns) August 17, 2021
Something I’ve been listening to a lot lately is this pop punk version of “Blinding Lights.” I don’t care for the original, but I love this cover! Makes me wonder how many other songs I might like (or dislike) if they’d been done in a different style.
I’m also really into this ice cream roll channel?? The sounds are lovely, the visuals are lovely, overall they’re just very soothing!
I think that’s about it!
Nothing at the moment, though I may be switching webhost companies (again). And also maybe redirecting to a new domain. So if anything weird happens to my blog, you’ll know why. Hopefully it’ll be fine.
Books I Received for Review:
Books I Finished:
If you’re considering buying one of the books below from Amazon, I’d really appreciate if you’d use my affiliate link!
The Extraordinaries // Flash Fire by TJ Klune – Cute, funny YA books about queer superheros.
Carry On // Wayward Son // Any Way the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell – I decided to reread (audio this time) Books 1 and 2 because I knew I’d forgotten a lot of details, and I’m so glad I did because this whole series, and getting to enjoy the books back-to-back, was wonderful! I really loved it.
The Alpha Experiment by Eliot Grayson – I’ve liked previous books in this mlm shifter series, but this one was too much about sex for me.
The Free Bastards by Jonathan French – A satisfying, albeit bittersweet, ending to a great high fantasy series about half-orcs.
In Case You Missed It:
– I reviewed Because You Needed Me and To Keep You Near by Tess Barnett, two books in a fun m/m urban fantasy series about fae and witches and humans.
– I reviewed Any Way the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell, an adorable finale to what I now consider one of my favorite series.
– I recommended 10 more m/m vampire books because you can never have too many vampire books!
– I reviewed Mutazione, a super chill and pretty narrative-based game.
– I shared pretty book covers featuring forests.
– I talked about how I like audiobooks now and gave some recs.